Drive MedicalModel: SSP18RBDDA
MSRP $469.00 MSRP $469.00 $429.00
- Headrest extension with cushioned head immobilizer standard.
- Comes standard with swing-away elevating leg rests.
- Metal foot plates.
- Comes with push to lock wheel locks.
Drive MedicalModel: K518FBADDA-SF
MSRP $1,469.00 MSRP $1,469.00 $549.00
- Ultra Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- Flip-back, Padded, Height Adjustable Desk Arms Provides Added Patient Comfort
- Comes with push to lock wheel locks
- Treaded tires
- Quick release axles
- Dual axle positions
- Precision sealed wheel bearings in front and rear ensure long lasting performance and reliability
- Adjustable seat depth
- Rear anti-tippers standard
Drive MedicalModel: BLS18FBD-SF
MSRP $286.00 MSRP $286.00 $169.00
- Blue Powder-coated frame, black cross brace
- Flip-back, padded desk-length arm
- Nylon upholstery is durable, lightweight and easy to clean
- Solid rubber tires mounted on composite wheels
- Comes with push-to-lock wheel locks, calf strap and swing-away footrests
MSRP $1,664.00 MSRP $1,664.00 $1,399.00
- Free 6 Foot Umbrella
- 4 High-flotation wheels with Non-corrosive nylon bearings
- Easily disassembles into two pieces for transport and storage
MSRP $4,790.00 MSRP $4,790.00 $3,690.00
- Available in Different Sizes: S - M - L & XL
- All Terrain Super Light
- No rusting parts
- Light and floats in the water
MSRP $1,648.00 MSRP $1,648.00 $1,384.50
- Composed of high-strength, aircraft-grade aluminum
- High-grade flame retardant, breathable nylon upholstery
- Adjustable Length, anti-slip footplate
Drive MedicalModel: AK5
MSRP $1,469.00 MSRP $1,469.00 $649.00
- Semi-Pneumatic tires on a 24"
MSRP $1,227.00 MSRP $1,227.00 $869.00
- Top End Lightweight Ergonomic Manual Wheelchair
- Ergonomic, lightweight, compact
- Pressure relief, stabilization, and anti-slippage
- Upholstery is equipped with AEGIS anti-biotic technology, odor/stain/deterioration control
- Wider arm pad, providing comfort/support
Drive MedicalModel: K316DDA-SF
MSRP $395.20 MSRP $395.20 $199.00
- Dual axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi level
- Removable flip back arms allow for easy transfer
- Carbon steel frame with silver vein finish
- Composite Mag-style wheels
Drive MedicalModel: ATC22
MSRP $954.97 MSRP $954.97 $389.25
- Lightweight at only 33 lbs!
- Very convenient for storage
- Attachable push bar with padded foam grip makes it easy to push
- Fixed, full length padded armrests for additional comfort
MSRP $1,017.00 MSRP $1,017.00 $680.00
- Folding backrest
- Fixed armrest, Swing-away footrest
- 14'' flat free polyurethane tires
- Seat width: 16"x17" or 18"x17"
Drive MedicalModel: BTR20 / BTR22
MSRP $732.20 MSRP $732.20 $249.00
- Dual, reinforced steel cross braces
- 12" rear flat free wheels
- Comes with swing-away footrests
- Padded armrests provide additional comfort
- Removable, reversible desk-length arms
- Companion activated wheel locks
Drive MedicalModel: EXP19LTBL, EXP19LTRD
MSRP $465.00 MSRP $465.00 $189.00
- Weighs only 19 lbs.
- Available in blue or red frames.
- Folds flat for easy transport.
- Comes with seat belt.
- Companion activated wheel locks.
- 12” rear “flat-free” wheels.
Drive MedicalModel: SL18
MSRP $625.94 MSRP $625.94 $289.00
- Folds like a conventional folding chair
- Padded flip-back armrests. Fold-down footrests
- Weighs only 19 lbs. Easy to push or transport
- Aluminum frame with lightweight nylon upholstery
- Lightweight and maintenance free Composite wheels
Drive MedicalModel: DFL19
MSRP $541.04 MSRP $541.04 $196.00
- Weighs only 16.8 lbs. without footrests; 19.8 lbs. with footrests.
- Comes with carry pocket on backrest.
- Comes with seat belt for added safety.
- Comes with handy carry pocket on back.
- Tool-free, height-adjustable swing-away footrests come standard.
- 8" rear wheel. 6" casters in front.
- Back folds down for storage and transport and features deluxe back release.
Drive MedicalModel: Cruiser X4
MSRP $620.69 MSRP $620.69 $259.00
- Easy to propel and transport.
- Flip-back, removable arm is height adjustable.
- Padded armrests provide added patient comfort.
- Height adjustable segmented back.
- Aluminum and Carbon steel blended frame
Drive MedicalModel: TR37 / TR39
MSRP $268.47 MSRP $268.47 $149.00
- Seat width of 17" or 19"
- Weighs 26 lbs.
- Attractive in silver vein finish
- Composite 8" wheels are lightweight
- Back folds down for easy storage and transport
MSRP $1,317.00 MSRP $1,317.00 $884.00
- Lightest T6 aluminum manual-propel wheelchair on the market
- S-style ergonomic seat
- Ergonomic handrims
- Companion brakes on handles
- Removable swing in & out footrests
- 16" or 18" wide seat
- Optional quick release rear wheels
Drive MedicalModel: TC005GY
MSRP $403.98 MSRP $403.98 $184.00
- The Travelite Chair in a Bag is a lightweight yet sturdy aluminum transport chair in gunmetal gray.
- It is easily transportable and comes with a compact carry bag with wheels making it ideal for traveling.
Drive MedicalModel: TR18
MSRP $782.60 MSRP $782.60 $329.00
- All-aluminum frame
- Convert from Transport chair to a Wheelchair
- Quick-release 24" wheels can be removed to transition self-propelled chair to a transport chair
- Swing-away footrests with composite foot plates and heel loops.
1. What is a Manual Wheelchair?
Unlike powerchairs, these models are propelled solely by the user or a companion. Which chair you choose must match the capability of the individual using the chair and the assistance available to them.
2. What is a Transport wheelchair?
Generally, a transport wheelchair is a more narrow and lighter weight chair than a standard wheelchair, making it a great choice for tight quarters and narrow entryways. Transport chairs typically have smaller rear wheels meaning that customers cannot propel themselves and must be pushed by a companion or caregiver.
3. Is it possible to change the wheels?
Some chairs are convertible, meaning that larger wheels for the chair user to control the wheels themselves or smaller wheels to make the chair lighter to travel with and lift for the sake of the companion.
4. Are manual wheelchairs capable of being used outside on any terrain?
Most wheelchairs are designed for use on pavement or very firm ground because they have smaller, thinner wheels that would not work well in loose ground like grass, dirt or gravel. However, there are all-terrain wheel chairs designed for use on uneven terrains, even beach sand.
5. Can the seats on manual wheelchairs be reclined?
For safety, the majority of wheelchairs do not have the ability to recline due to the risk of tipping backwards. Some models are designed with ability to recline so if this is a requirement, you must check the specifications of the chair.
6. Can I use my wheelchair in the shower?
Generally no, but there are shower and bathroom chairs that are designed for use in the bathroom or in the shower.
7. What is the mechanism for braking on manual wheelchairs?
Braking is used by a lever that when depressed moves a bar against each wheel. Brakes can be locked on so that they do not have to be continually depressed to operate. Brakes are located on either the push handles or within reach while seated depending on the type of chair.
8. What is important when choosing a chair?
It is important to choose a chair based on how it is going to be used, where it is used and to choose a chair that matches the size of the person. Consider if it is only going to be used inside, who is going to operate the chair, does it need to be lifted, how large of a seat is needed and what is the weight of the rider.
9. Is there any wheelchair that the user can move using only one arm?
If you are not able to use either arm or do not have the strength or push the wheels then we would highly recommend a powerchair with joystick control. You can speak with a representative or your physical therapist for more input.
10. Do I need a seat belt while using a wheelchair?
Seatbelts are not required or needed for most users but we recommend you consult your caregiver or medical professional for advice when making this decision.