Portable Electric Wheelchair
MSRP $1,949.00 MSRP $1,949.00 $1,499.99
- Airline Approved
- Easily folds for travel
- USB Charging Port
- Underseat Storage Bag
- Durable Flat Free Tires
Shield InnovationsModel: EZRide+
MSRP $1,399.00 MSRP $1,399.00 $1,099.00
- Turn a Manual Wheelchair into a Scooter
- Attaches to Most Manual Wheelchairs
- 3 Speeds; 3, 6 and 12 mph
- Reverse drive
- 360 degree turning
- Headlight and Horn
- Folds and stores easily
Pride MobilityModel: Jazzy Passport
MSRP $2,999.00 MSRP $2,999.00 $2,229.00
- In-Home Service Warranty
- Great for Travel, Simply folds for transport
- Adjustable Swing Away Joystick
- Lithium Battery, Convenient Storage, Lap Belt, & Cup Holder Included
- Specialty foam seat designed for extreme comfort
- 3" Ground Clearance
- FDA Class II Medical Device*
Pride MobilityModel: Go-Chair
MSRP $2,339.00 MSRP $2,339.00 $1,619.00
- Choice of 6 colors
- 18” x 17” or 20" x 18", 5-point swivel seat with latch release
- Increased 300 lb. weight capacity
- Larger, 18 amp batteries
- Improved agility - longer wheel base; wider stance
- Dual swing-away, under seat storage bins
- One hand feather-touch disassembly
- FDA Class II Medical Device*
Golden TechModel: GP162B
MSRP $2,349.00 MSRP $2,349.00 $1,599.00
- Easy Disassembly for travel
- Charge Battery on or off the chair
- Under seat storage basket standard
- Comfortable, full-size stadium style seat
- Black, non-scuffing tires with shiny hubcaps
- Smooth 26” turning radius great for indoors
MSRP $4,399.00 MSRP $4,399.00 $1,789.00
- Super light and easy disassembly for storage and transportation
- Wireless electronic connector
- Ideal as personal secondary portable power wheelchair
- Compact size to easily fit into the trunk of most cars
- Ultra strong steel frame with limited lifetime warranty
- Adjustable height armrests
- Colors Available: Standard:Red, Blue Deluxe: Pink, White and Turquoise
MSRP $6,049.00 MSRP $6,049.00 $1,889.00
- Excellent maneuverability Indoor / Outdoor
- Small & Light power wheelchair
- Lightweight and easy to disassemble for handling, storage and transportation
- Excellent maneuverability
Drive MedicalModel: TITANLTE-18FS
MSRP $2,912.00 MSRP $2,912.00 $1,974.00
- Disassembles for transport & storage
- Flip-back armrests with height, width and angle adjustments
- Interchangeable color panels in red & blue
- 300 lbs. weight capacity
- Flat-free, non-marking tires
- Bluetooth electronics for easy troubleshooting and diagnosing
MSRP $5,395.00 MSRP $5,395.00 $1,579.00
- Easily assembles with connectorless technology
- Disassembles into three easy to manage parts
- Rear Wheel Drive
- High Back Vinyl Chair
MSRP $5,695.00 MSRP $5,695.00 $2,399.00
- Revolutionary Envirofriendly Battery
- Easily assembles with connectorless tech
- Rear Wheel Drive
- Extra Light, 93 lbs
The Pride Go Chair from Pride Mobility allows the user the freedom to get around the house or take this electric wheelchair to the store and shop with ease. This four-wheel model offers twin motors for precise handling and improved traction, and comes in either red or blue, depending on your preference. Its lightweight frame and easy-to-remove battery pack make it a great choice for riders on the go—it’s also incredibly easy to disassemble and reassemble, making it perfect for trips or outings outside of the house.
Another model in our range, the Golden LiteRider PTC, is controlled by a joystick that in turn controls the speed and direction of the chair. The joystick can be customized for either left or right-handed use. The Golden LiteRider PTC has a 300 lb capacity and a special under the seat basket for storage.
With so many different features available in our range of portable electric wheelchairs, we know you’ll find something that works for your specific mobility requirements. For instance, you may prefer having an elevated seat to reach high cupboards over a battery that holds its charge for a greater amount of time, for long-distance trips. Unlike in the past, these chairs are now designed for both indoor and outdoor use. So no more being stuck in the house or waiting for a ride! Some models have a range of over 20 miles and a top speed close to 5 mph.
In the end, the ultimate goal when investing in one of these products is to ensure your freedom and independence. If the choices seem overwhelming, don’t be afraid to give us a call or contact us online—one of our specialists will be more than happy to help you choose the best investment in your comfort, happiness, and brand new lifestyle.
1. What is a portable electric wheelchair?
A portable electric wheelchair is a mobility device which can be quickly and easily disassembled with parts light enough to be lifted by one person. This means the chair is easy to carry on planes, cruises and can be transported in vehicle without a mobility lift or mobility carrier. It can be used indoors or outdoors on smooth, firm surfaces and has an excellent turning radius for small rooms or stores.
2. How long does it take to charge an electric wheelchair?
The battery is charged at the end of the day regardless of how low the battery is. Charging time will vary depending on how low the battery is. Charging time will vary from an hour to 4 to 5 hours depending on battery level. It is also recommended that if the chair is not being used that you still charge the battery every 2 to 3 weeks.
3. Do additional accessories like tilting or raised seating come on these electric wheelchairs?
Smaller powerchairs like the portable models do not have special seating features due to the light weight and smaller footprint of these models. Reclining seats would make them too unstable to safely operate. These models are intended for individuals that are unable to sit upright in a chair without assistance.
4. What should I consider when buying a portable electric wheelchair?
We recommend you consider what kind of terrain you will be riding on, the weight capacity of the chair and how much weight you can lift. These units are primarily for paved surfaces, indoors and outdoors and not uneven or lose ground.
5. Can I drive my electric wheelchair on the road?
Mobility scooters are not legal for riding with traffic but, as required by the ADA, they are approved for any sidewalk.
6. Can I exceed the weight capacity in the specifications?
The weight capacity of the chair are the maximum weight allowed for safety. We recommend that your weight should be ten to fifteen percent less than the maximum weight capacity to allow for weight fluctuations or items you carry with you such as groceries or pets.
7. What is the maximum distance that an electric wheelchair travels?
The average distance for these models is 8 to 15 miles per day. To keep the weight of these chairs manageable the batteries are smaller than larger scooters or powerchairs. This makes the driving distance less but still enough power to last all day for most riders.
8. How do you steer these chairs?
The controller is a joystick which can be placed on either armrest. It is easy to control by simply moving the joystick forward, backward or to the side. This allows you to turn the chair in very tight quarters which well in homes or small stores.
10. Can electric wheelchairs go uphill?
Yes. However, depending on the model the incline is limited to 6 or 8 degrees. This is more than acceptable for any ADA compliant ramp which should always be available at any commercial location.