Drive MedicalModel: ATC22
MSRP $954.97 MSRP $954.97 $389.25
- Lightweight at only 33 lbs!
- Very convenient for storage
- Attachable push bar with padded foam grip makes it easy to push
- Fixed, full length padded armrests for additional comfort
MSRP $1,017.00 MSRP $1,017.00 $680.00
- Folding backrest
- Fixed armrest, Swing-away footrest
- 14'' flat free polyurethane tires
- Seat width: 16"x17" or 18"x17"
Drive MedicalModel: BTR20 / BTR22
MSRP $732.20 MSRP $732.20 $249.00
- Dual, reinforced steel cross braces
- 12" rear flat free wheels
- Comes with swing-away footrests
- Padded armrests provide additional comfort
- Removable, reversible desk-length arms
- Companion activated wheel locks
Drive MedicalModel: EXP19LTBL, EXP19LTRD
MSRP $465.00 MSRP $465.00 $189.00
- Weighs only 19 lbs.
- Available in blue or red frames.
- Folds flat for easy transport.
- Comes with seat belt.
- Companion activated wheel locks.
- 12” rear “flat-free” wheels.
Drive MedicalModel: SL18
MSRP $625.94 MSRP $625.94 $289.00
- Folds like a conventional folding chair
- Padded flip-back armrests. Fold-down footrests
- Weighs only 19 lbs. Easy to push or transport
- Aluminum frame with lightweight nylon upholstery
- Lightweight and maintenance free Composite wheels
Drive MedicalModel: DFL19
MSRP $541.04 MSRP $541.04 $196.00
- Weighs only 16.8 lbs. without footrests; 19.8 lbs. with footrests.
- Comes with carry pocket on backrest.
- Comes with seat belt for added safety.
- Comes with handy carry pocket on back.
- Tool-free, height-adjustable swing-away footrests come standard.
- 8" rear wheel. 6" casters in front.
- Back folds down for storage and transport and features deluxe back release.
Drive MedicalModel: TR37 / TR39
MSRP $268.47 MSRP $268.47 $149.00
- Seat width of 17" or 19"
- Weighs 26 lbs.
- Attractive in silver vein finish
- Composite 8" wheels are lightweight
- Back folds down for easy storage and transport
Drive MedicalModel: TC005GY
MSRP $403.98 MSRP $403.98 $184.00
- The Travelite Chair in a Bag is a lightweight yet sturdy aluminum transport chair in gunmetal gray.
- It is easily transportable and comes with a compact carry bag with wheels making it ideal for traveling.
1. What is the difference between a Transport Chair and a wheelchair?
Transport chairs have smaller rear wheels. They are designed to be operated by a companion and not the person sitting in the chair. This helps make them lighter than standard wheelchairs for easier lifting into vehicles for transport.
2. Are heavy duty transport chairs available?
Yes, some heavy duty transport chairs can support riders up to 450 lbs. Most transport chairs support weights between 250 and 300 lbs.
3. Can I use one of these chairs on rugged surfaces?
Transport chairs are good for firm ground surfaces. This could be a paved pathway or paths which are not made of loose ground cover such as dirt and gravel.
4. What is the lightest transport chair available at Scooter Direct?
We have chairs that weigh as little as 19 lbs. This makes them very easy to lift into a vehicle so they can be used wherever you go.
5. Can a transport wheelchair be operated independently?
Some use their feet to push the chair backwards. It cannot be controlled like traditional wheelchairs by pushing the wheels with your hands.
6. Do you have a transport chair without an armrest?
We do not carry a transport chair without armrests but we have models that allow you to fold the armrests up.
7. Can I customize a cushioned armrest with one of the transport wheelchairs?
Transport chairs generally do not come with options and accessories. You are able to purchase any cushion that you like to use on the seat or back.
8. Are there brakes on Transport Chairs?
Yes. There are generally two types of braking levers. One is on the hand controls, you push the lever down on each side to lock each brake. The second is a lever on each rear wheel that can be operated independently.
9. Are there shipping costs?
Scooter Direct price is the total amount you pay for the product including shipping within the lower 48 US states.
10. Do these chairs come pre-assembled?
Transport chairs are folded in the box.Typically, there is very little to do when you receive the chair other than possibly attaching leg rests and making adjustments for fitting. Follow the instructions in the box to assemble your chair.