Merits Pioneer 1
Availability: In stock
Price as configured: $1,099.00
A portable scooter with an incredible combination of specifications!
Travel Range Up to 15 Miles per charge
Overview of the Merits Pioneer 1 three wheel scooter
The Merits Pioneer 1 model S235 is for those that need the combined features of a high weight capacity of 300 lbs, the largest battery size, a high three and half inch ground clearance and a great turning radius of 27 inches.
It is uncommon to find a scooter with these top level features and one that is so reasonably priced.
Highlights of the Pioneer 1 Travel Scooter
- Very tight turning radius, especially for a 300 lb capacity scooter
- Standard 22ah batteries gives maximum distance for a travel scooter
- Excellent leg room
- Comfortable 17" x 16" seat
- Carpeted deck helps keep feet from sliding
- Disassembly for compact travel
Summary Specs of the Merits Pioneer 1 Portable Scooter
- Top Speed: 4 MPH
- Driving Range: 15 Miles
- Ground Clearance: 3.5"
- Turning Radius: 27"
- Carrying capacity: 300 lbs.
- Heaviest Part: 42 lbs.
- Total Weight: 130 lbs.
Ideal uses for the Pioneer 1 model S235
- Easy ride over uneven ground with higher ground clearance
- When you need to negotiate tight spaces
- Those needing to sit for longer periods of time
- If you do not need a service warranty
Merits Pioneer 1 Model S235 Specifications
|Owners Manual||Owners Manual Link|
One Year Factory Warranty on Parts
Great idea, but unfortunately poor design. Cannot recommend
Review by HappyB
Price Value Quality
Given my experience with the Pioneer9, I did not hesitate to purchase the Pioneer1 which I bought for it's compact turning radius and it's ease of use as home and work.
One year later, I am sorry to report I cannot recommend this scooter. The front structure of the scooter and how the shroud fit cause the shroud to start breaking apart after just a couple of months of use and I have had to replace the shroud twice in 12 months. At a cost of over $200 per shroud and then the cost to have it installed, the maintenance cost for this scooter cause it's value to be not acceptable. (Posted on 5/6/15)