Viper Plus GT Wheelchair with Universal ArmrestsDrive MedicalModel: PLA416FBUARAD-SF
MSRP $1,151.33 MSRP $1,151.33 $598.34Call: (800) 987-6791
- Easily convert the armrests into desk arm, half arm, and full arm with the push of a button.
- Armrests adjust to eight individual heights in ½” increments for complete customization.
- Adjustable height and length, flip-back, removable, padded arms
- Built-in seat rail extensions and extendable upholstery easily adjusts seat depth from 16" to 18"
- All-Aluminum frame Dual Axle allows for multiple seat-to-floor height positions
- Over-center cross brace eliminates need for seat guides
- Works with seating and positioning accessories
- Adjustable angle back easily adjusts from 5° – 20°
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 35 lbs 300 lbs 16, 18 inch 34.5 lbsWeight of Chair 35 lbsWeight Capacity 300 lbsSeat Depth 16, 18 inchHeaviest Part 34.5 lbs
Silver Sport Full-Reclining WheelchairDrive MedicalModel: SSP18RBDFA
MSRP $1,260.79 MSRP $1,260.79 $575.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Hydraulic reclining mechanism allows for infinite adjustments up to 180°
- Arms have support extension for reclining position
- Carbon Steel frame with silver vein finish
- Padded armrests provide added patient comfort
- Comes standard with swing-away elevating leg rests and Metal foot plates
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 61 lbs 300 lbs 16 inch inch 61 lbsWeight of Chair 61 lbsWeight Capacity 300 lbsSeat Depth 16 inch inchHeaviest Part 61 lbs
Lynx Ultra Lightweight WheelchairDrive MedicalModel: K518FBADDA-SF
MSRP $1,469.00 MSRP $1,469.00 $549.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Ultra Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- Flip-back, Padded, Height Adjustable Desk Arms Provides Added Patient Comfort
- Comes with push to lock wheel locks
- Treaded tires
- Quick release axles
- Dual axle positions
- Precision sealed wheel bearings in front and rear ensure long lasting performance and reliability
- Adjustable seat depth
- Rear anti-tippers standard
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 27 lbs 275 lbs 16, 18, 20 inch 27 lbsWeight of Chair 27 lbsWeight Capacity 275 lbsSeat Depth 16, 18, 20 inchHeaviest Part 27 lbs
Drive Medical Blue StreakDrive MedicalModel: BLS18FBD-SF
MSRP $387.52 MSRP $387.52 $239.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Blue Powder-coated frame, black cross brace
- Flip-back, padded desk-length arm
- Nylon upholstery is durable, lightweight and easy to clean
- Solid rubber tires mounted on composite wheels
- Comes with push-to-lock wheel locks, calf strap and swing-away footrests
Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 250 lbs 16 inch 41 lbsWeight Capacity 250 lbsSeat Depth 16 inchHeaviest Part 41 lbs
Cruiser III Lightweight WheelchairDrive MedicalModel: K316DDA-SF
MSRP $496.08 MSRP $496.08 $249.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Dual axle provides easy transition of seat height to hemi level
- Removable flip back arms allow for easy transfer
- Carbon steel frame with silver vein finish
- Composite Mag-style wheels
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 35 lbs 300 lbs 16 inch inch 35 lbsWeight of Chair 35 lbsWeight Capacity 300 lbsSeat Depth 16 inch inchHeaviest Part 35 lbs
Bariatric Aluminum Transport ChairDrive MedicalModel: ATC22
MSRP $954.97 MSRP $954.97 $479.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Lightweight at only 33 lbs!
- Very convenient for storage
- Attachable push bar with padded foam grip makes it easy to push
- Fixed, full length padded armrests for additional comfort
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 33 lbs 450 lbs 18 inch 33 lbsWeight of Chair 33 lbsWeight Capacity 450 lbsSeat Depth 18 inchHeaviest Part 33 lbs
Heavy Duty Steel Transport ChairDrive MedicalModel: BTR20 / BTR22
MSRP $733.72 MSRP $733.72 $289.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Dual, reinforced steel cross braces
- 12" rear flat free wheels
- Comes with swing-away footrests
- Padded armrests provide additional comfort
- Removable, reversible desk-length arms
- Companion activated wheel locks
Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 450 lbs 18 inch 41, 45 lbsWeight Capacity 450 lbsSeat Depth 18 inchHeaviest Part 41, 45 lbs
Lightweight Expedition Aluminum Transport ChairDrive MedicalModel: EXP19LTBL, EXP19LTRD
MSRP $412.38 MSRP $412.38 $236.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Weighs only 19 lbs.
- Available in blue or red frames.
- Folds flat for easy transport.
- Comes with seat belt.
- Companion activated wheel locks.
- 12” rear “flat-free” wheels.
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 19 lbs 300 lbs 16 inch 19 lbsWeight of Chair 19 lbsWeight Capacity 300 lbsSeat Depth 16 inchHeaviest Part 19 lbs
Super Light Folding Transport Chair With Carry BagDrive MedicalModel: SL18
MSRP $625.94 MSRP $625.94 $339.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Folds like a conventional folding chair
- Padded flip-back armrests. Fold-down footrests
- Weighs only 19 lbs. Easy to push or transport
- Aluminum frame with lightweight nylon upholstery
- Lightweight and maintenance free Composite wheels
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 19 lbs 250 lbs 17 inch 19 lbsWeight of Chair 19 lbsWeight Capacity 250 lbsSeat Depth 17 inchHeaviest Part 19 lbs
Fly-Lite Aluminum Transport ChairDrive MedicalModel: DFL19
MSRP $541.04 MSRP $541.04 $219.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Weighs only 16.8 lbs. without footrests; 19.8 lbs. with footrests.
- Comes with carry pocket on backrest.
- Comes with seat belt for added safety.
- Comes with handy carry pocket on back.
- Tool-free, height-adjustable swing-away footrests come standard.
- 8" rear wheel. 6" casters in front.
- Back folds down for storage and transport and features deluxe back release.
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 20 lbs 300 lbs 15.5 inch 19.8 lbsWeight of Chair 20 lbsWeight Capacity 300 lbsSeat Depth 15.5 inchHeaviest Part 19.8 lbs
Cruiser X4 WheelchairDrive MedicalModel: Cruiser X4
MSRP $736.93 MSRP $736.93 $346.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Easy to propel and transport.
- Flip-back, removable arm is height adjustable.
- Padded armrests provide added patient comfort.
- Height adjustable segmented back.
- Aluminum and Carbon steel blended frame
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth 34 lbs 300 lbs 16, 18 inchWeight of Chair 34 lbsWeight Capacity 300 lbsSeat Depth 16, 18 inch
Steel Transport ChairDrive MedicalModel: TR37 / TR39
MSRP $268.47 MSRP $268.47 $174.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- Seat width of 17" or 19"
- Weighs 26 lbs.
- Attractive in silver vein finish
- Composite 8" wheels are lightweight
- Back folds down for easy storage and transport
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 26 lbs 250 lbs 16" inch 26 lbsWeight of Chair 26 lbsWeight Capacity 250 lbsSeat Depth 16" inchHeaviest Part 26 lbs
Travelite Transport ChairDrive MedicalModel: TC005GY
MSRP $403.98 MSRP $403.98 $224.95Call: (800) 987-6791
- The Travelite Chair in a Bag is a lightweight yet sturdy aluminum transport chair in gunmetal gray.
- It is easily transportable and comes with a compact carry bag with wheels making it ideal for traveling.
Weight of Chair Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 21 lbs 250 lbs 18 inch 20.5 lbsWeight of Chair 21 lbsWeight Capacity 250 lbsSeat Depth 18 inchHeaviest Part 20.5 lbs
Poly-Fly Lightweight Wheelchair and Flyweight Transport Chair ComboDrive MedicalModel: TR18
MSRP $821.83 MSRP $821.83 $389.00Call: (800) 987-6791
- All-aluminum frame
- Convert from Transport chair to a Wheelchair
- Quick-release 24" wheels can be removed to transition self-propelled chair to a transport chair
- Swing-away footrests with composite foot plates and heel loops.
Weight Capacity Seat Depth Heaviest Part 250 lbs 16 inch 28 lbsWeight Capacity 250 lbsSeat Depth 16 inchHeaviest Part 28 lbs
1. What is a Manual Wheelchair?
Unlike powerchairs, these models are propelled solely by the user or a companion. Which chair you choose must match the capability of the individual using the chair and the assistance available to them.
2. What is a Transport wheelchair?
Generally, a transport wheelchair is a more narrow and lighter weight chair than a standard wheelchair, making it a great choice for tight quarters and narrow entryways. Transport chairs typically have smaller rear wheels meaning that customers cannot propel themselves and must be pushed by a companion or caregiver.
3. Is it possible to change the wheels?
Some chairs are convertible, meaning that larger wheels for the chair user to control the wheels themselves or smaller wheels to make the chair lighter to travel with and lift for the sake of the companion.
4. Are manual wheelchairs capable of being used outside on any terrain?
Most wheelchairs are designed for use on pavement or very firm ground because they have smaller, thinner wheels that would not work well in loose ground like grass, dirt or gravel. However, there are all-terrain wheel chairs designed for use on uneven terrains, even beach sand.
5. Can the seats on manual wheelchairs be reclined?
For safety, the majority of wheelchairs do not have the ability to recline due to the risk of tipping backwards. Some models are designed with ability to recline so if this is a requirement, you must check the specifications of the chair.
6. Can I use my wheelchair in the shower?
Generally no, but there are shower and bathroom chairs that are designed for use in the bathroom or in the shower.
7. What is the mechanism for braking on manual wheelchairs?
Braking is used by a lever that when depressed moves a bar against each wheel. Brakes can be locked on so that they do not have to be continually depressed to operate. Brakes are located on either the push handles or within reach while seated depending on the type of chair.
8. What is important when choosing a chair?
It is important to choose a chair based on how it is going to be used, where it is used and to choose a chair that matches the size of the person. Consider if it is only going to be used inside, who is going to operate the chair, does it need to be lifted, how large of a seat is needed and what is the weight of the rider.
9. Is there any wheelchair that the user can move using only one arm?
If you are not able to use either arm or do not have the strength or push the wheels then we would highly recommend a powerchair with joystick control. You can speak with a representative or your physical therapist for more input.
10. Do I need a seat belt while using a wheelchair?
Seatbelts are not required or needed for most users but we recommend you consult your caregiver or medical professional for advice when making this decision.