3 Wheel Mobility Scooters
Pride MobilityModel: S66
MSRP $2,609.00 MSRP $2,609.00 $1,874.00
- FREE Front & Rear Basket, Underseat compartment, Arm Bag and Cup Holder
- Comfort-Trac front and rear suspension
- Easily adjustable tiller
- Seat designed for extreme comfort
- Ultra Heavy-duty drivetrain with 70 amp controller
- USB mobile device charging port
- 3.25" Ground Clearance
- FDA Class II Medical Device*
Pride MobilityModel: SC610
MSRP $2,859.00 MSRP $2,859.00 $2,044.00
- FREE Rear Basket, Cup Holder
- Easy Disassembly for travel
- Exclusive low-profile tires
- Backlit battery gauge
- Wraparound delta tiller
- FDA Class II Medical Device*
Pride MobilityModel: S6102
MSRP $3,049.00 MSRP $3,049.00 $2,184.00
- FREE Rear Basket, Cup & Cane Holder
- Integrated storage/cup holder in tiller
- Integrated USB mobile device charging port in tiller
- New frosted LED headlights and low-mounted LED pathway light brightens your route
- Delta tiller with wraparound handles
- Pinchless hinge seat with swivel and sliders for increased comfort.
- Easy access tiller-mounted charger port
- FDA Class II Medical Device*
Golden TechModel: GC340C
MSRP $2,864.00 MSRP $2,864.00 $2,466.00
- Excellent Indoor/Outdoor Maneuverability
- Infinite Adjustable Tiller Design
- More Foot and Legroom for Added Comfort
- Ground Clearance - 4.5”
- Latest Model! Free & Quick Ship!
MSRP $3,975.00 MSRP $3,975.00 $2,457.33
- Sliding Captains Seat
- Deluxe Captain High Back Sliding seat
- Easily Adjustable tiller
- One piece frame design
- Flat Free Tires
Batteries are one of the most important components to any 3 wheel mobility scooter. Longer driving ranges help users spend more time doing what they love, and less time waiting for a charge to complete. The batteries on some of these models are bigger to allow longer run times. As well, these models provide a better turning radius for more control in tight spaces.
These 3 wheel scooters are generally heavier than the travel models but still light enough to be disassembled by stronger persons or carried easily by a vehicle. Weight limits are not a problem when it comes to these sturdy devices. With a limit reaching upwards of 400 pounds, any user can feel confident their 3 wheel mobility scooter can carry them safely.
Strong construction throughout the body means less wear and tear on various parts. Rear suspension also helps to hold the rider comfortably, regardless of their size. It also produces a smooth ride that makes quick work of various surfaces, from pavement to grass, to carpet. A wide range of special features help these vehicles stand out from other models.
Headlights, parking lights, and turn signals replicate the safety features of other transport options for added protection. Non-scuffing wheels prevent black streaks or other marking on wood or tile.
Baskets at the front of the device easily hold common household items such as groceries and tools without the risk of breakage; their durability comes from some of the strongest materials on the market, and with this in mind, you can rest easy that your possessions will be with you as you ride. Having a reliable transportation option is at the forefront of everything we do at Scooter Direct.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to answer questions and guide shoppers through the sometimes complicated world of these devices. Contact us today to find the right choice at a price that anyone can appreciate.
1. Is a 3 wheel mobility scooter safe to use?
3 wheel mobility scooters are safe but are less stable than a 4 wheel scooter, mostly on uneven terrain. Slow down on turns, especially when going downhill, and there is little risk of tipping. However, if you have balance issue, limited reaction time or your primary riding environment is outside then a 3 wheel scooter may not be the best solution for you. As always, contact a Customer Service representative for more details.
2. How steep can a 3 wheel mobility scooter climb?
The angle of incline and decline for mobility scooters does not really change for 3 or 4 wheel mobility scooters. Most scooters have a rating by the manufacturer that ranges from about 8 to 10 degrees. However, you do need to be more careful making turns when going downhill and remember not to turn too fast anytime.
3. What ground clearance is best for scooters?
3 and 4 Mobility scooters can have the same ground clearance. Average ground clearance for travel scooters is 2 to 3 inches which is more than enough for travel on paved or smooth surfaces. If you are going outdoors or over grass then you may need a higher clearance.
4. Which is preferable, a 3 or 4 wheel mobility scooter in terms of power and comfort?
The number of wheels does not affect the power or comfort of the mobility scooter. There are two main considerations for making a choice between them. 1. Turning Radius – How much room do you require to make turns? Such as are you in a home, commercial location or outdoors. 2. Stability – Are you riding on uneven terrain or have poor balance? Each person needs to make this determination for themselves or with family.
5. Does tire size makes a difference in mobility scooters?
Unless you are going off road then the tire size is of little consequence. The size of the tire helps determine the ground clearance and the stability on soft terrain such as grass or dirt. Also, often the front wheel may be smaller on 3 wheel mobility scooters.
6. Which mobility scooter is preferable if I travel a lot?
There are foldable and travel scooters that are both 3 and 4 wheel. The 3 wheel models would be lighter than the 4 wheel models making them easier to lift. Make sure the battery type on the scooter you get is airline approved if you will be flying. Generally, all Sealed Lead Acid Batteries and Lithium batteries less than 10.5AH are able to be taken on a plane.
7. How long does a mobility scooter work when fully charged?
The travel time per charge is primarily based on the size of the batteries used. Travel scooters average about 10 to 15 miles while mid to large size models can go 19 to 25 miles. Most people do not go that far in an average day. The unit is charged at the end of the day and a full load is available the next day.
8. What is the difference between travel scooters and mobility scooters?
Technically both are mobility scooters but generally 3 wheel mobility scooters are heavier than the travel models but still light enough to be disassembled by stronger persons or carried easily by a vehicle. Weight limits are not a problem when it comes to these sturdy devices. With a limit reaching upwards of 400 pounds, any user can feel confident their 3 wheel mobility scooter can carry them safely.
9. Can these scooters be disassembled for transport or do I need a carrier?
Most of the 3 wheel mobility scooters can be disassembled without tools but the heaviest part of these is usually above 45 lbs so it may be difficult for some people. For more explanation please contact a Customer Service representative.
10. Is there a warranty on these scooters?
Scooter Direct includes in-home parts and labor warranty on the Pride Mobility, Golden Technologies and Affikim products. Other brands come with a Parts only warranty. The warranty is listed on each product or contact a Customer Service representative for more details.